Well, I somewhat disagree with all of the above (though that may not be very helpful). Take a look at Melodyne or Cubase - not exactly User Friendly (which BIAB certainly IS). I have recently had to download training videos for both of these products (in the case of Melodyne it is over 3.5 hours long - in the case of Cubase it necessitates about 9 hours of video training through 3 levels) in order to be able to use them. As all I need Melodyne for is to correct vocal pitch and timing, as opposed to full creation with BIAB, I find that over-simplification is NOT the way to go. If it needs 3.5 hours of video to learn how to pitch correct and quantise, then BIAB would need 24 hours of video at least...

As to the colour scheme - I am perfectly happy the way it is. I kind of like the bold colour scheme.

Peter, you have designed and developed what is, to my mind, the most User Friendly and most capable music generation and recording software available ANYWHERE.

What's more, although I do use Cubase from time to time (purely in collaboration situations with those who have yet to experience PTPA), PTPA is simplicity in itself. I even use PTPA to record and mix my VOICEOVERS (i.e. no music involved at all).

Thank you so much for such wonderfully designed, adaptable, user friendly programmes.

Pro viso, my opinion is that of a singer-songwriter and voiceover artist who plays some guitar (if only to support his vocals). I am not an instrumentalist (though I have studied several instruments from the wind and string sections).

Of course, there is always room for improvement but I, for one, will not be too happy if you deviate too far from the ways things already are. What next? Press one button to compose an entire song? All FX at the touch of a button are generically applied?

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what