Hmm. The idea is certainly interesting, however I think there are many ifs..
I believe BIAB is focused more on assembling/composing music and that process usually takes time: audition, trying out things, tweaking (going to deep dark places of menus). So "mousing" will still be needed for many, many tasks. And what about VST's? USB, VIDEO drivers...

If I only had the magic wand... I would focus on cleaning up all the clutter, modernizing most menus, open mixer to more tracks, speed up (significantly!) re-generation times, fix bugs, overhaul chord picker with something similar to what pipeline made, with a few other nuances. Combining some menus & features. One of the key items I would focus on is making interface fully customizable (modular) and re-sizable. Where is my magic wand?!?!

If BIAB is tuned to near perfection, I believe there is no need for a separate hardware module. If one would want to use BIAB as a proprietary "hardware touch screen unit", there is always a possibility of using a powerful windows tablet (surface) or touch screen PC and tune it specifically for BIAB...and design the interface exactly how you want it, given the interface is modular smile

Bottom line, BIAB is very versatile piece of software, but it reminds me of a garden that was seeded in very anarchic way. You got all of these exotic plants growing one on top of the other (some, I am sure like it that way). Only a good gardener can restore the order smile

...Getting close to winter. Wondering about all the good things we got with 2019 update.. I am hoping that it was THE spark that will light up a bigger torch and not just a knee jerk effect.

I hope that was not all boring.