Hi everyone,

Some days ago I posted a song called Finding Words. This was a funky song with a nice Christmas message.
In that post I said I made 2 version of the song. But decided to post the funky one. It was after all more joyful. But I still had that other one. that has more different vocal-parts in it and it was mostly acoustic. And I like doing some things that deviate from simpleness. don't know why, it became a habit...

In this song I used the background vocals from BB (the Ooh's and Aah's) but also a female gospelvoice. In Melodyne I changed this. a higher pitch, defiation, formant and pitchdrift to make her more yelling in the style of the song with not too much vibrations. And also I found a very good guitarsolo for this song!
So it was a pitty if I don't post that one on our forum as well. I hope you agree.
I also made a mistake mentioning the style I used for the funky one. I said I used Shaman, but that was in this song. The funk used Downout. Both have a tempo of 103.

Hope you like listening to it, even if you have already listened to the other one. Except for the lyrics they differ much, so worth a try. even though there are a lot of good songs now on the forum.

It can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130/finding-words-folk-rock

I am very curious to hear what you think of al the aspects of this song.
Hans Berkhout

The lyrics:
Finding Words
(c) HWBerkhout, 021219

Words I cannot find
While mostly they're in my mind
But words won't come along
Maybe my feelings are too strong

chorus:
'Cause I love it when you're smiling
A sunbeam will appear
But from the day you be frowning