Hi Dave, Rob, Stefan, Floyd, Janice, Bud and Jim,

Thanks for listening and your judgements.
I had to try some vocal things with Melodyne, because Joanne wasn't available (new job).
But it was very nice BB had their 2020-version that gave me some inspiration.
At the other hand, they made it difficult for me, because I made two versions, the joyful funk and the emotional Folk-Rock version.
I also placed that one on this forum. But I think the funkversion is gonna win. We need some joy in these dark days...

Dave, if you want to steal some trick of me, go ahead! I'm sure you will use them wisely. On the other hand, you have Chris at your side. Why in need of these ooh's and aah's?
And about the guitarsolo at the end that disturbs the vocals. I had the same feeling when making the song. But on the other had, it is the 'grand finale'so the voice and solo had to work together. Look at it as another trick of me. You may want to use it one day.

Rob, I'm glad my Christmas-opinion did work for you. Have you said those 3 words to your partner? And...?
Stefan, you are always so complimentful and I know you mean it as well! The version I let you hear was the one that is now also on the forum. Only the vocals must be more improved than when you heard it. at least, I hope so. But be strict with me all the time.

Floyd, I'm very sorry to damaged your ears again. I will correct it as soon as possible. And about the 'Oohs and Aahs', i'm always hesitating if I can use them. My wife hates them, on the other hand. my wife can't sing.

Janice and Bud, your statement is loud and clear. My Christmaswords were very much accepted by you. I realy feel I'm that Santa man you are singing about (not intended improperly).

And Jim, your conversations with your wife have improved a lot, I noticed. I am very happy this song contributed to this. But if I said those words to my wife, she would certainly become very suspicious ...
I liked the idea of singing a whole song about finding words and at the end of it, it appears it were only 3 words. We don't often use these words. Have to learn to do it more. and you picked that up very nicely. I love that, Jim!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130