Hi everybody,

I wasn’t sure wether or not this song wouldn’t be too personal for the forum and if I should post it here at all. But there have been some very emotional declarations of love of forumm members to their wives (like recently Torrey’s masterful ‘Roll With It’), so I finally decided to present mine here, too.

Everything is pretty different from what you have heard and seen from me so far, but this is me, too.

We’ve had a terrible year and there were times when the question ‘Would you miss me?’ wasn’t that absurd at all, so this emotional song had to be written in that most emotional musical genre I’ve loved ever since: the Blues.

And, yes, there is no video this time and, yes, the song is far too long, but I wouldn’t know where to shorten it.

So here it is:

WOULD I MISS YOU ?

Wishing you all Happy Holidays and the very best for the year ahead - stay healthy and creative.

Best regards,

Stefan

======================================================

Musical details:

Basic style is _MONDOR.STY (Slow Swing Blues w/ Organ )

Bass: RT 564
Guitar: 565
Guitar: RT 569

Didn’t use the following RealtTracks in style

Organ: RT 673: replaced it by a real organ track played by my old fellow musician from the 70s: Bernhard ‘Ruppi’ Ruppersberg

RealDrums: BluesRock128: replaced by an own drum track using MTPower Drums and some fills coming with Sennheiser Drum Mic’a

Added: Back beat guitar (just threw in some MIDI chords played through Kontakt Factory Selections - Jazz Guitar)

Trombones: written in the Piano Roll Window, played through Big Fish’s Vintage Horns.

Me: Vocals and guitar solos (just using my Fender Strat Jeff Beck Signature and my old Fender Champ)

It may sound funny that Maha who is, of course, the one I wrote this song for, did all the sound editing and the mixing, but she didn’t become tired of it, so this was okay with me, too.

Like always she worked with RealBand and its reverb and dynamics plug-ins plus EazyQ parametric EQ and finally used Ozone 8 for a tiny wiff of mastering.

Last edited by Crossroads; 12/16/19 07:59 AM.