I think understanding both the instrument you are trying to emulate and also the VSTi you are using are important. Sometime back I purchased an AmpleSound Taylor (AGT) VST. I was a bit disappointed with the sound thinking I wish I’d bought the Martin.

Last week I decided to bite the bullet and buy the AmpleSound Precision Bass (ABP) to redo some bass parts I’m not happy with. (I have a real Precision I bought in 1970 or so that I left with my daughter)

Whilst learning the ABP I very quickly learnt I was using the AGT all wrong. In a nutshell the VST is so powerful I was getting lost.

I know how to play guitar and have both a Maton Acoustic and a Telecaster with me but find recording my own stuff not nearly so good as good sample based stuff. I actually prefer to use good sampled instruments and/or BIAB RealTracks.

These days it seems there are many really well recorded instruments that are well worth using IMHO.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 01/03/20 12:43 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1