Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
3. Drums. After years of frustrating keyboard entry and grid entry. I sprung for Jamstix. Big step up in realism but still not what I was hoping for. 2 years ago, I bought EZDrummer 2 and I haven’t looked back and have never been disappointed with the results. Incredibly realistic. Excellent tweak ability. Easy to use. ,,,

Drum plugins have come a long way. EZDrummer 2 lets you copy the midi stream from the plugin into a DAW which makes it easy to study the midi stream to understand what allows it to sound realistic. Some plugins have builtin mixers to control the audio for each drum instrument, effects and multiple audio outputs.

Most guitar plugins include a large library of strumming and / or finger picking patterns and allow slash chords to program the bass strings independent of the chords. Then there are keyswitch notes that select different articulations like fret noise, hand mute or harmonics.

All of these dedicated tools help to generate a midi stream that will sound realistic. It's a good time to have audio production as a hobby.

Agreed. EZ Drummer midi files were played by top drawer drummers, as are Groove Monkee drum midi. The sampled kits in EZ Drummer are outstanding. I've never even bothered looking at the MIDI because I don't need to - all of the elements are there for song composition without any issue. So easy to use.