Originally Posted By: Mike02392
Hi everyone smile ..............
I fully appreciate what everyone has said about playing with the MIDI commands to fine-tune a line to make it sound real. Unfortunately I just don't have time for that (other than some basic dynamics/articulations which are part of the sheet music anyway); I'd just like to have some instruments that sound better than the default sounds.

What would people recommend in this situation? I'm willing to splash out if it's worth it.

Thanks!

The first question I would ask is what instrument do you want to play your lead lines? If you say any brass, string instruments, or woodwinds then you would have to use some MIDI commands to add some realism. The best instruments to use that require little MIDI knowledge are pianos, organs, vibes, etc. Personally when I am auditioning a lead MIDI file I choose vibes.

There are many VSTis for pianos, organs, etc. Google/bing them and you will find them. There are some good ones that are either free or inexpensive and of course there are some that are very expensive. But for what you goal is the expensive ones are not needed.

Also don't overlook soundfonts or SFZ sounds. You might have a SFZ player if you have the PC version of BiaB: note I don't know about the Mac side. Some of the free sounds for those players can be very good.

I hope this helps.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware