Hi Jim, Tangmo, Deryk, Scott, Robert, Shigeki and Noel,

Let me start by thanking you for listening and your compliments on this song. As for Jim, this is not the case for his reply, but I come to that.
Protestsongs are not so hot as songs about love and suffering. Some replies as; 'It's so easy to put the blame on politicians'. That's true. But the ones in power are to blame. Why do we have to believe it's the cowshit that spontaneously start burning and cause these fires? But no, I don't want a political discussion here. We're making music and discuss that. But if we don't cry out loud no one will hear us...

And Jim, what I wrote above is also my answer to you. And thank God (!)we are very very busy finding scientific sollutions. But we can't always rely on that without changing our attitude (now I sound like some environmental Ayatollah again).

Tangmo,thanks for you highest compliment that the song sounds Jethro Tull-ish. I almost feel 'uncomfortable' with your beautiful words!
I wasn't fretting about the baritonguitar though, but about the synth. I thought it would sound too dramatic. But no one said it did.

Deryk, 'It really had a sense of urgency behind it, and I found it effective in what it was trying to do'. These are so nice words! And I hope the last part will hapen. Though I am maybe a bit too cynical on believing that. I do hope I am mistaken.

Scott, while I was hesitating abouth that synth, you show me how wrong I was on that. Thanks!

Robert, yes, I was amazed how those gospelsingers fitted in the song. I tried those tracks but expected nothing much from them, but 'Surprise!', they did their utmost. Thanks BB! And then you used a nice sentence: 'You`ve struck all the right angry notes here!'. I had to look it up on Google, because 'angry' putted me on the wrong leg. but the transaltion gave the same words as I thougt you meant. But I wasn't thát angry, was I?

Shigeki, thanks for your very nice words and the concerns about the topic in your country as well. I think a lot of countries covered much of it, but does that make them think of their own behaviour? (Oh, here I go again...). I'm proud you called my voice splendid!

Noel, Whow, an A+ with two tumbs high!!! That feels greeat (I'm not cynical now!). I hope you and Ray and my sister and her husband know enough people to raise serious opposition against your government. And don't believe the cowshit-[*****] (this will becorrected, I'm afraid).

A nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130