James, Alan, rayc, VideoTrack, Hans, Floyd, MarioD, Marty, Robert, Tom, TuneMonger, J&B, Scott, Greg, and Peter:

Thanks to you all for the listen and kind comments and feedback. As I said, it was a tough one to “get up” for doing given it’s sad lyric and feel, but I’m happy it has seemed to resonate. A few responses to come of the feedback:

rayc, Robert, and Tom: My biggest concern was whether the vocal sat well enough in the mix—though I had made adjustments even before posting. I suspect the best answer would be to record the vocal again in a different space, but have given it another go in a revised version. I’ve updated the link above. Perhaps better, but still not perfect? I’ll leave that to your ears. Thanks for the thoughtful feedback.

Mario: If only John Prine were still around to sing it! Another sad outcome of our current crisis.

Jancie & Bud: The organ is my favorite part of the song. I had ambitions of using the Gospel backing vocals in the bridge as well, which I thought would be a good combination, but it just wasn’t working out well, so went with a more standard mix of oohs and aahs. Thanks for noticing!

My best to you all! Keep well, stay safe!

Deej