Originally Posted By: rayc
A lovely song, yes a bit Jackson brown but a lot fj.
There're a few spots where the vocal & harmony are aggressive like on "the light..." usually the 1st couple of syllables of a phrase. That could be left as is or a tiny bit of level automation could temper it.
You did a fab job with a sparse arrangement and dynamic textures.
Excellent - as usual.

ray - you "keep me on my toes" regarding vocals. And I appreciate that. I often walk through a vocal reducing every instance of siblance manually - because otherwise "ray will call me on it!" (and it turns out to be worth the effort). I hear the bumps that you refer to. One more thing I'll have to keep an eye (ear) on. I've been trying different set ups for vocals lately - looking for something that I haven't found yet. Changing hardware settings and software plugins...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Really good, floyd, as per usual smile

Those harmonies ... magnificent! I'll need to research Helicon.

And the vocal overall sounds fabulous, nice and warm, just the right amount of presence.

Piano sounds great too, are you running the MIDI SuperTrack through EZKeys? Also really like the cello and strings.

Songwriting at it's best, loved it.

Thanks, Dave! Yes...all the piano tracks are generated using the same EZKeys module - in this case the Grand piano. I had to export the EZKeys generated parts from the stand alone as a wav file because the MIDI export changed tempos when I dropped it into Studio One (researched it online and could not find an answer to correct it). And then import the MSTs from BIAB and drop the EZKeys Grand on them.
I have the Studio Grand, too. It cuts through a big mix better than the Grand, but the Grand has a nice warmth that is better for this type vocal/piano song.
I have used the Upright for other vocal/piano songs. And in one I just finished, I used the Dream Machine and the Grand (I played those parts via a Yamaha digital piano as a controller...)