Manning1 ... since your are aware, then you must know the advantage of ASIO over MME, assuming all things being equal.

Of course there are myriad other possible issues ... as with any implimentation of software, it presupposes adequate system, i.e., CPU, RAM, OS, etc.

Some of the discussion here seems to have quite overlooked the issue of latency when postulating whether there is any advantage of ASIO vs. MME.

I have a dual dual core Xeon server and a laptop Centrino2 server.

As a retired computer engineer I am sure you fully understand the nature of servers and the testing/ qualification procedures they go through for certification. My point: the possible ASIO problems you refer to don't apply to me. I'm running both machines with 7 msec latency on ASIO when recording. I could go lower to 3 msec and 64bit buffer, but in case I want to throw in an effect or two, leave it at 128bits.

Now, I'm sure you are much more knowleagable than I about computers, but I have done my homework as far as obtaining and maintaining high quality computers for my music. And I cannot get ASIO drivers to work with BIAB ... as I've said ad naseum ... despite having many, many other audio software programs operating flawlessly.

Prado

Last edited by Prado; 02/25/10 04:00 PM.