SoundCloud - Love and a .45 - Todd Russell Hall
YouTube - Love and a .45 - Todd Russell Hall

Style is _BUSTER.STY (Buster Ska Punk)

RealTracks in style: 3489:Bass, Electric, SkaPunkPopAB Ev 180
RealTracks in style: 3493:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SkaFastPop Ev16 180
RealTracks in style: 3494:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SkaFastPunk Ev16 180
RealDrums [in style:SkaFastPopWes^3-a:Snare Open Hat , b:Snare Ride

I exported the tracks from BIAB and imported into Studio One 4

I used Melodyne to turn the bass into midi, and then I used Trillian for the virtual instrument.
I used Superior Drummer to generate a midi from the drum track.
(I realize that a lot of the real tracks have midi associated with them, but I've found that often the midi is not exactly the same as the real track.)

On the bass, I used SoundToys EffectRack with LarryG ThunderFunk preset
On the guitar solo I played, I used SoundToys EffectRack with EchoBoy Trio Lead
On the 2nd guitar, I used CLAGuitars
On my vocals, I used a bunch of effects, depending on where I was in the song: TR5British Channel, Ezmix, Doubler2, Doubler4, TR5 Master EQ-432
On the mix itself, I used Basic Vintage Punch from SoundToys Effect Rack

Love & a .45 was born out of the translitic songwriting process. This was my January 2020 submission to my Facebook translitic songwriting group.

I'd like to go back and re-record the vocals, write & record a new guitar part, re-mix, re-master. I might also like to add some ambient sounds similar to what I've done in several of my other songs I've posted here. In my attempt to eliminate some noise from the vocal track, I cut off the ends of some of my words--mostly the "s" at the end of words.

This is still a work in progress, so if you have some suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I think maybe I need to change the quality of my voice in this song. Perhaps it doesn't sound punk enough? Does the guitar solo sound too cheezy? It was another one of those first thought best thought things, and apparently my default guitar playing is stuck in the 80s or so. ;-)

BTW I don't have the video posted to my Todd Russell Hall YouTube account yet, so I'm linking to my TexasFrets YouTube acct. I have several songs on both channels if you're interested in finding more of my music.

Oh, one final thing, I have a DVD of Jean Cocteau's Orpheus. I needed a video for my Facebook group, so I cut scenes from the movie and stitched them together. They very loosely go with the lyrics.

Thanks for watching &/or listening. I really appreciate everyone's wonderful songs they've been sharing on the forum, and I'm thankful for the kind comments and helpful feedback I've gotten on my songs.

Last edited by TexasFrets; 12/04/20 12:12 AM.