JCS,

Quote:

Using a Soundfont will improve immensely the sound you here for a Midi track, this you will have more inspiration to work on the tunes, and that can only help out your songwriting.

Not necessarily. While most SoundFonts are a step up from the basic DLS that's included with Windows, in form of the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, aka cousin to the Roland VSC synth, I've not heard too many SoundFonts that can top either one of my Korg hardware synths. I will admit that there are some capabilities in SF's that my synth can not do, such as mapping a single up or down strum on a guitar to a single note. Something like that allows you to play two notes on your keyboard and 'strum' a guitar. Various chords would be mapped to different keys, allowing you to strum different chords across a 61 note keyboard.

However, SoundFonts are just like any other sample, depending on how good they were recorded, and what you do with them, they may make a difference, or they may make your whole song sound a whole lot worse.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!