Just recently having purchased a 9mm as my new carry weapon, I looked long and hard at the .380. I found that while no comparison to my .45ACP, the 9mm was head and shoulders above the .380 round. The Taurus PT111 Pro that I purchased seems to be reliable, having one FTF in about 250 rounds so far. The sights weren't aligned properly, but that wasn't too hard to fix. I was thinking a lot about the PPK/S and the new PK380 from Walther, but decided that it would be better if I had just a bit more Ooooomph in the cartridge. My next requirement is to get some personal defense rounds in 9mm, also next to impossible to come by.

The hardest thing for me, in either 9mm or .45ACP, is obtaining ammuntion, and the .380 is no better.

Washington State is also an "Open Carry" state, and also a bastion of Democrat power. In fact, we recently had a 'rally' for open carry, where a large group of people gathered, all carrying in the open. When one passer by asked a police officer why they weren't being arrested, apparently she was shocked and appalled that the law allowed such actions. Even the police were briefed on the law before attending the event.

You can carry in a car, openly, but you must have a CCW to do it. I do. Washington is also a 'Shall Issue' state, and it took me about 45 minutes to get my permit. I was relating that to my boss the other day, and he was incredulous that I could walk in, get my permit, and walk out 45 minutes later, and then go directly and buy a gun. But, that is the way it works here, and we don't have problems.

Of course, I have to wonder about the sanity of some of this, after reading the article. I mean, seriously, who in their right mind would drink Starbucks coffee???

Gary

Last edited by Gary Curran; 03/08/10 10:45 AM.

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!