First rule of a gunfight: "Have a gun. Any gun."

The late Col. Cooper wrote that years ago.

GDaddy, from the year of manufacture you must have one of the stainless steel Walthers, produced in Alabama. Fine craftsmanship due to CAD/CAM manufacturing.

My PPK/S is a 1968 built in Germany in polished blue, which was the only finish available back then other than the nickel plated and $$$ engraved presentation PPK/S with the ivory grips. Too gaudy and fancy for my tastes. The little thing is purty and accuracy-wise, it is a tack driver considering its short bbl length and sight picture. Good 2nd ankle holster backup piece, which is what I bought it for way back when being a cycle cop was likely a lot safer than it is today regarding such issues. Good deep cover piece also. In all these years it has been absolutely reliable. In these days of computers, operating systems, softwares, cars that don't start and cars that don't stop when you tell 'em to, it is good to enjoy something that is absolutely reliable in operation.

But, another Cooperism is that we carry a handgun only because it is "handy".

If I knew that I would be getting into a gunfight, I'd bring one of rifles -- and likely hide way back behind something solid, too. <g>

--Mac