Down here it's open season on everyone........I just found our yesterday that my Wife's 20 year old cousin in Mexico City was shot in the stomach for refusing to give up his book bag. As I'm writing this post, he clings to life in a poor dirty hospital with very little chance of survival.

Today we learned that my Wife's ex boyfriend, a doctor here in Acapulco, was kidnapped and then shot.

People are getting shot here for cutting someone off in Traffic, or looking the wrong way while being passed by a car.
This morning, the house of the Acapulco Chief of Police was raided by Narcotrafficers, they killed his daughter since he wasn't home.

A lot of people want to ban or control arms. However, they are missing the point. A gun is just a tool, like a hammer or fork. It can be used to hit a cardboard target. Or, it can be used to kill. Simple choice.........Drive drunk and your car becomes a weapon just as dangerous as a gun. When I was growing up in the late 1960's, you almost never heard of someone getting shot. Now it's common.

I see it as an education issue. If you grew up with responsible parents, who spent the time to show you how dangerous a gun can be, the importance of NEVER pointing it at someone unless you intended to shoot. To clean it, to shoot it and store it with responsibility. I had that priviledge thanks to my father. The problem now is that you have millions of kids and young adults who never had anyone in their lives who took the time to school them. And now we have open warfare in the streets. The drug trade here just makes it easier to get a gun. BTW>There are no registered gun owners here, because people aren't permitted to own them by law. But since almost everyone discards the law, many people have multiple handguns and in many cases machine guns. AK 47s are very plentiful here, so is Tequila. Put the two together and you have a typical Saturday night here...........sad.
Ed