Quote:

Just to give you a UK perspective on this thread (OK I realise its my own view but my guess is that it represents mainstream opinion).
Totally insane.
Normal, respected and respectable law-abiding citizens discussing gun types and debating the right to bear arms?!
In the UK we look twice when we see a policeman carrying a gun, it's that unusual.
However did you get yourselves into such a situation?

Bull.

I read your news from over there daily.

You've got a serious violent crime problem also.

Everything from knives, which your polis have indeed tried to ban now as well, to cricket bats to guns, which are still available there, but only to the criminals due to the laws removing them from the hands of the law-abiding, who are now at the mercy of the criminals because of that.

It is not the implement, it is all about whether or not people choose to be peaceful and law abiding or not.

Every nation has crime problems in this age.

UK has its share of violence, teen gang violence, terrorism, domestic violence, criminal activity, etc. etc. etc.

Don't fall for the simple-minded game of pointing the finger at other countries like that.

This is a problem for all of decent humanity wherever you live in this world, regardless of race, creed, color, nationality, etc.

--Mac