Quote:

Quote:

Just to give you a UK perspective on this thread (OK I realise its my own view but my guess is that it represents mainstream opinion).
Totally insane.
Normal, respected and respectable law-abiding citizens discussing gun types and debating the right to bear arms?!
In the UK we look twice when we see a policeman carrying a gun, it's that unusual.
However did you get yourselves into such a situation?

Bull.

I read your news from over there daily.

You've got a serious violent crime problem also.

Everything from knives, which your polis have indeed tried to ban now as well, to cricket bats to guns, which are still available there, but only to the criminals due to the laws removing them from the hands of the law-abiding, who are now at the mercy of the criminals because of that.

It is not the implement, it is all about whether or not people choose to be peaceful and law abiding or not.

Every nation has crime problems in this age.

UK has its share of violence, teen gang violence, terrorism, domestic violence, criminal activity, etc. etc. etc.

Don't fall for the simple-minded game of pointing the finger at other countries like that.

This is a problem for all of decent humanity wherever you live in this world, regardless of race, creed, color, nationality, etc.

--Mac [/quote

What you say is true Mac but that is nothing to do with the civilian population not carrying weapons but the very liberal justice system we have here.A law came out saying anyone caught with a gun would get a minimum of 5 years in prison hardly anyone has been given this sentence.Knife crime again has increased but all the efforts about cracking down on it with jail is a joke.The UK and the US are plagued with violent people and I can understand why decent American citizens want to protect themselves but the only way this can be achieved by a very large percentage is an all out assault by the military against the gangs and drug cartels (they have hardened experience now serving in Iraq and Afghanistan to sort out a lot of these problems ) and a maximum penalty of at least a life sentence in prison without parole in every sate in your country.Of course to get 100% protection is changing the "hearts" of these criminals which I as a Christian feel can only be achieved in them putting their faith in Christ.Cheers Frankie

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar