This topic is not exactly about music, unless you're like me and feel that the sound of a 1911A1 Colt performing it's .45 caliber tune is music to your ears.

Here in Texas we can legally carry a handgun in our vehicle. There have been no wild shootouts on the roads and byways, contrary to the 'nanny state' advocates, who invariably show a disdain for the common folk.

Note that a tyranical government first attempts to control the flow of news and information, and then always disarms the public. An informed and armed public is highly unlikely to fall victim to tyrants and dictators. Restricting the availability of firearms to the public only helps the criminals, not the law abiding citizens.

The mayor of Nagasaki, Japan was gunned down in a public place by a thug armed with a handgun. Handguns are essentially banned in Japan, which is an island nation with a homogenious population. A firearms ban only affects the law-abiding folks, and has absolutely no effect on the criminals. Note also that a while back a man went on a killing spree in Japan, murdering 7 people -- with a knife.

All of the amendments in the Bill of Rights are there for a reason, and the right to keep and bear arms is number 2 on that list.

I repect those who don't like firearms and don't own them, or who feel they have no need for them. That's fine. However, please do not inflict your own views on me. And don't break into my home or threaten my family unless you desire making an aquaintance with a load of 00 buck, or a Remington brass bonded Golden Saber .45 +P hollowpoint.

Fire, the wheel, and the I IV V -- foundations of civilization.