I just hope we can agree to disagree on gun control.

If it works there; great! More power to you.
Very cool.

However, please don't call us insane because we disagree.
Our laws are based on long held beliefs in our constitution, etc and we happen to think there is good reason for it.

I only pointed out statistics I have seen, and some of those numbers quoted in the article are from British sources, I at least made sure of that. Not arguing your take on it, just sayin, it 'looks' like it hasn't been so successful all things considered. It appears to me individual safety was sacrificed for the notion of public safety, which is a sticky road. Saying that an individual owning a firearm won't know how to use it in the event it is needed is not a good argument, it has been tried here already (gun control has been a topic here for many years).
I personally like having the right to defend my family, myself and my property. Many here do.

Like I said, we are watching over there, and taking notes. Maybe what is shown here is biased, can't say.. so I kind of take it with a grain of salt. However it must be considered that we would be writing over a basic part of our constituion. Not sure if yours provided for that right to begin with. It would be taking away a basic right we have gotten used to.

Last edited by rharv; 03/09/10 09:50 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome