This issue is not cannot be resolved here. The point to understand is that there are huge variations in opinion, and that they have validity in their own right.

Many times I left Mexico looking poor. They seemed to so often find someone, perhaps it was the fancy watch, but he got taken off the plane. Many times we delayed, and the guy came back a few hundred light. Or never got on the plane at all. I was well coached. Not that I own a rolex.

There are many misconceptions. The British tabloid press called the Olympics in Vancouver a disaster, we were murderers, etc.

Somehow no one pointed out that in a previous games a luger and a skier died in training just before they opened.

Those in other countries looking at the US would do well to understand the lobbies and their power. To me, until someone makes that ultimate change in policy, no one will hear the truth. How much money does the health care lobby and the gun lobby or the coal lobby pour into the pockets of politicians and their friends.

I'm a 'right' wing Canadian. Which means far left to some Americans.

I am a firm believer that you abide by the laws of the place you make your home, and that you act as a good citizen. I reserve my right to be critical of our policy makers, and to push for what I believe in as a part of my core values.

So does anyone else, as long as it doesn't harm me. I'd like to see the flow of illegal firearms coming north stop. The dealers can knife each other, rather that every year in Toronto some innocent by stander being hit with 9mm ammo. Hard to hit a bystander with a knife.

If you want to drop by my place, the door is never locked, I don't believe in locks or security systems. If I moved to the US I guess I'd be spending money. I don't, however put out a flat panel tv box on the curb, or leave a computer visible from the patio doors. But I've never seen anyone I don't know on my property, unless you count the JW's and such, who see the sign, NO RELIGION IS DISCUSSED HERE.

Live and Let Die.

And I'm joining the first church where everyone lives to be over 100. Until then I walk quietly in the woods and admire what was created.

John Conley
Musica est vita