Quote:

I was researching a route south, and noted that a lot of states don't allow people from other states to carry their guns at all. I think it was WV. They say ok if you are from these 8 states or something, but otherwise what to you do? Then some have the thing locked in a box, the ammo somewhere else?

So you are being 'stuck up' and you ask for time to unlock the gun and load it?

Just today they said Little Wayne (whoever that is) is going to jail for a year for having a loaded handgun on his tour bus.

And those NBA guys who drew on each other both are going to jail? Suspended?

Obviously some of you have more amendments that the others, which I find odd.

It's very straightforward here. You have your handgun in a locked case in your house, the ammo elsewhere, locked. You call the police, say you are going to the range, drive there without stopping, shoot, and go home.

I share the range with those guys when I sight in the rifles once a year.

I was having a beverage with a cop friend of mine who worked in NYC for a few weeks on a work exchange. He said we have 60,000 cops in all of Canada, and NYC has almost 40,000, add in the other police forces and the state troopers, they have more cops in one state than we have in the whole country. Now that's odd.

I just a leery of showing up somewhere looking affluent and with out of state plates and being a Target. Back to the pants with the hidden pockets, the fake wallet? I actually have them on now, Tilley pants, best thing since sliced bread. Inside passport pocket, velcro on the back pockets, extra pockets, and wash them in the sink at the end of day and hang them up, dry in 4 hours and wear them the next day.

John,
It IS a pain because it varies on a state by state basis. It is ludicrous, actually, but since the STATE is the issuing agent, then they get to control who has what.

Then, there's the issue of Reciprocity. If your state issues you a CCW, you may be traveling to a state that will honor that, no issue, but you may also be traveling through a state that will NOT honor it, and if you get stopped for whatever reason, and the cop finds the gun, it could mean a great deal of trouble.

When I lived on the East Coast, New Jersey has one of the toughest set of gun laws in the nation, and it is next to impossible to buy a gun there. Had I traveled across the state border into N.J. and had a gun in my possession, even though I have a CCW for it, I would most likely end up in jail.

We need a National CCW that allows for that, but I feel that it will be a long time coming.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!