Re>Guns and our culture....It started before our revolutionary war. Almost all citizens had guns for hunting and personal safety (Indian attacks and all that.) Our country changed, but it's ties with guns never did. I grew up in Portland, Oregon....your average Bb kind of town. Every home I knew of where I went to school had a gun locker, or at least a Shotgun and 1 rifle. Every boy went to "Hunter safety" class. If your father didn't take you out on the weekends to target shoot, you went with him to go hunting in the fall. Nobody thought about shooting someone. Kids knew the gun was to be touched only to clean it, repair it, or put in the car for dad. Now, like almost everything else, it's been turned upside down. 11 year olds walking the street with handguns, 15 year olds leaning out a car window and spraying the street with M-16 or AK-47 fire. This is not what the founding Fathers meant by the "Right to bear arms". Do I own them?...Yes. Do I carry them in my car while going to the store? No...although I've been told I should. Is this what we've come to? Pretty soon you are going to see people with a gun on their hip when you are at the movies, amusment park, shopping, etc. Like I said before, sad.

Ed