Bob,
The question wasn't supposed to be offensive, nor was the following post. If the English people had not done the things necessary to prevent a totalitarian dictator from moving into the United Kingdom, even though that regime had already moved through all of Western Europe, then in fact Marc might very well be looking out his window, as a German citizen, under a Nazi regime. Also, had what I said actually happened, it would not have been 'an English neighborhood', it would have been a German neighborhood. Even though Marc lives in France now, it is still the same. In the early 1940s, France was, for all intents and purposes, within Germany, considered a part of Germany. In reality, no different than what the Russians put up with after the Czars were ousted until the fall of the U.S.S.R. It could have been the Sickle and Hammer, too.

BUT, Marc was asking "I still don’t altogether see: - how being able to shoot a small piece of metal at another human being is a synonym for freedom." It was an illustrative answer to that question. We, the Brits, the French, and even the Germans, all have FREEDOM today because a small piece of metal, or literally, millions of them, were shot at human beings, and many millions of human beings died from those small pieces of metal to bring about FREEDOM.

I only chose to illustrate a POSSIBLE, and yes, offensive, outcome.

As to the other post, that is the way I see it, and have seen it for 30 some years now. Nothing has changed my mind, or is likely to, since I see it getting worse each day.

Gary

Last edited by Gary Curran; 03/11/10 10:30 PM.

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!