Danny I was talking about my 'neck of the woods'.

In the last 10 years I remember 4 deaths.

One the cops shot a crazy guy.
Two bikers in a parking lot via shotguns.
Two out of town dealers shot each other in the bathroom of a Scottish bar on hip hop night. One died. Hip hop is canceled everywhere here, too much trouble. That's is quite a radius. I drove the engine at the 2nd busiest station in the city. (There's 14). We went to lots of stuff, suicide by grenade, hangings, but never responded to a gunshot call. Ever other type of medical call. We had part of the downtown area.

You have to examine the situation you are in. If I thought there was a threat, I'd lock the doors. Despite gun laws, we do have guns.

After all the debate here we have established that in some states you can walk in a buy a handgun, and elsewhere you can not. Some states arrest and jail you for having a gun and others give you a permit and encourage you to play Roy Rogers. Some states have almost the same laws as Canada when it comes to guns.

That here 3 days of education is required to buy a gun.

I don't see a lot of difference, other than many people think that not having a gun in your pocket encourages criminals.

There are routine shootings in Toronto. From what I read, 95 percent know gang members over drugs. Don't go out in those areas of town at night and taunt them. I lived 3 times in Toronto. I've been out at all hours downtown and never saw a problem.

No matter how hard I try, I do not think I can find a person in my city killed with a handgun, except the two gang guys, and the 'suicide by cop.'

The ATF, RCMP, and local cops just busted a major handgun smuggling operation where guns were being brought across the border. We'd be safer if that flow stopped than if they let us buy a gun and put it in the glove box.

John Conley
Musica est vita