It's probably about time for a thread wrap-up.

I'll just say this: I own firearms. They are all legal firearms under the Federal Firearms Act of 1934. I currently have the Constitutional right to own these firearms, as long as I use them legally under the laws of my local, State,and Federal Govenments. I am not any kind of 'gun nut' nor do I ascribe to the 'gun culture'. I haven't hunted for about 20 years, but I certainly would start again if I got hungry enough. I enjoy shooting my firearms under safe conditions because it is a skill that may be vitally important to me one day. I hope not.

I respect the views of those that don't feel the need or the want to own or shoot firearms. There is liitle chance of them being in a life-threatening situation where a firearm might prove their salvation, and I do understand that. All I ask is that those folks please understand that those of us that do own and shoot firearms of various kinds are not wacky murderers or crazy cowboys. We are law-abiding citizens of of a nation which has a Constitution that guarantees us the right to have those firearms. It's our choice to own them. It's also a choice not to own them. I never berate or demean or act in a condescending way towards those that don't own 'guns' because I do respect that viewpoint. All I ask is that you respect my viewpoint as well and perhaps some reasons for it.

And yes, more on topic...the sound of a 1911A1 Colt is indeed music to my ears.

Fire, the wheel, and the I IV V -- foundations of civilization.