Quote:

In my opinion, the answer is exactly the same for both sets of crimes. Line the perps up, and end their lives. Do it by lethal injection, gas chamber, or yes, even shoot them. I guarantee if you did that, publically, for a year, both criminal instances would drop...drastically.

Ohh, don't mess with Gary...

I agree in principle but the problem is the first time an innocent person is executed by being framed by a crooked cop, the whole scheme would blow up in everybody's face. Look at all the people who've been rotting on death row or are serving life sentences who've been exonorated by DNA testing and were convicted by questionable eyewitness testimony. I'm the farthest from some bleeding heart but a civilized country can't allow that to happen. A great thing to look up is the Innocence Project. It's pretty eyeopening to read just how many people were found innocent. This is why the former right wing death penalty Governer of Illinois who didn't run for reelection maybe 8 years or so ago commuted the sentences of a bunch of death row people to life (didn't release them, just commuted the sentences to life in prison) because during his term several had been found innocent by DNA and he just couldn't let that stand.
There are no obvious easy answers here in spite of what some of us think.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.