Gary,

Quote:

Let me ask a question. Coast Guard intercepts a 'go-fast' boat coming in. They stop the boat...a .50 cal in the engine works real nice for that because the boat has failed to heed repeated warnings to stop to be boarded. Video cameras are rolling, and a cutter or other LE boat arrives on scene. The boat is inspected and 500 pounds of cocaine and 2,000 pounds of marijuana are found on board. Is there really any doubt in anyone's mind that these people are 'innocent?'

A truck attempts to cross the border just went of Vancouver, B.C. and a tip to the Customs people of both Canada and the U.S. reveals that there is the possibility of a cache of illegal weapons is loaded in the truck, along with 20 tons of Washington apples. It's a private trucking company, the driver was singled out by name, and has a 20 year history of known ties to a White Supremacist organization. He freely admits, out of arrogance, out of conceit, out of whatever, that yes, he was carrying them.

Why would those two situations not warrant and expedited death sentence?

For starters, neither one if those crimes is a capital crime. We don't live in some tin pot dictatorship where you can line up and murder anyone you want to.

The same Constitution that we've referred to guaranteeing our 2nd amendment right also guarantees rights to the criminals in both of your examples. We can't pick and choose which parts of it we like and which parts we don't. That would make us guilty of the same type of hypocrisy as the people who want to take away our right to bear arms.

It's time for me to exit this thread. It has gone from a well reasoned discussion into a realm I don't want any part of.

Bob