Quote:

MI is also a 'shall issue' state, meaning they have the burden of a reason to not give the permit. Pretty specific reasons required. However, open carry in a vehicle is illegal here, it has to be in a case, preferably with lock on case or trigger.

I'm also from Michigan. I'm also a legal, carrying citizen -- have been for half a century.

"... AND shall be placed in the back seat or trunk ... AND all ammo locked in the glove compartment ..."

Where the heck are they going with this?

Maybe the ammo's far enough away from getting into a gun chamber that by the time it takes to do so ... cooler minds might prevail? Is / was that perhaps their thinking?

Of course the guy in Cass Corridor, Michigan driving by me with his 45 pointed at me knows EXACTLY where my ammo is 'cause our legislature has protected him from me! Right? On the other hand, does he REALLY know where my ammo is ???

True enough, I am a DISABLED citizen of Michigan but I am not, nor will I ever be, an UNABLED or disadvantaged citizen. Not any more. Trust me, my protection is IS NOT my cell phone, nor is it a 911 operator! Here's hoping all those guys are making beautiful music tonight instead of 'cruising'. I know, not likely!

Ike