These types of vehicle laws are to designed to prevent road rage actions and also to protect officers.

I know, I know, the criminals are the ones not following the laws to begin with, so the officers aren't safer..
however if an officer sees the firearm mis-handled this way he needs no more reason than that to bring you in, whether you pointed it at him or not.

Understand, vehicles are not private, they are public. If you choose to violate that law you better be real careful not get pulled over. You will likely lose any firearm permits and worse yet there is a good chance you will be drawn upon. Trust me, it is not a good feeling.

I was involved in a case of mistaken identity (license plate number only) and was drawn upon by state and local in Texas. Long story short, all charges were thrown out, but it IS something I will remember. Whoever they were after, they were serious about catching. I counted four firearms pointed directly at me.
I'm sure this isn't helping the 'pro-gun' cause, but I thought I would warn you from my experience. I did not possess firearms back then (only 20 yrs old).

When I went before the judge one of the officers said "He got out of the car and immediately put his hands up so he knew something was going on" Well- DUH! Even if I HAD been the guy they were after, who doesn't know what to do in that situation??

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome