Pat,
Is it wrong to focus control in the area that might be a problem? No, it isn't. And placing police officers outside of bars to catch drunk drivers is not a bad thing...BUT, INNOCENT until PROVEN Guilty, which means the officer must OBSERVE a crime being committed.

To stop a line of traffic, to do random testing for drunk driving DOES NOT presume INNOCENCE, it DOES presume GUILT. You are simply LOOKING for the person whom you believe is committing a crime.

At that point, you are completely backwards, and once that door is opened, then everything else is open for change as well.

Profiling is the same thing. We think this group of individuals, or this ethnic group, is more likely to be ones committing a crime, so we are going to randomly stop them to see if they are committing a crime. That is so far wrong it's not even funny, we might as well go back to the days before the Emancipation Proclamation and decide that if we don't like a certain group of people, or race of people, or whatever, that we're going to take their rights away from them.

There was a little guy over in Germany who did that.....

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!