Quote:

However, if they have an alternate agenda of generating income or profiling , ...

Worst case of this I ever saw was in Niagara Falls Ontario on a Sunday morning in '02.
After stopping at a red light I turned right and about 150 ft up the road was a cop waiving people into a parking lot. I thought maybe it was some kind of raod block or checkpoint. Instead they were handing out prewritten speeding tickets. for 10 over. Mind you I had turned the corner afetr a full stop and with the wife and kids and luggage in the car there was no way I had hit 45 kmh that quickly. Didn't matter.

You could pay the $110 full tickey, or go to the station for 'traffic school' (which consisted of a written test that you graded yourself) and then pay only $50 for the test, or you could come back and fight the ticket which was about a 5 hour drive to go to court.
They wouldn't accept US money, but there was conveniently a store across the street that would exchange. When you paid the $50 the ticket was ripped up right in front of you (no more evidence of it ever happening) and the money went into an unmarked desk drawer.
Then you were free to go after your donation. There were about 20 cars I saw pulled over, most with US plates. Wife and kids witnessed this display of public service.

Long story but worth mentioning.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome