Quote:

Quote:

Here when you smile at someone, even an American because if the didn't start talking yet they look like us only bigger, and you just say "Hey how's it going eh?"

If you smile at someone in the US you may just get "who you staring at ****!!$%#%#".

There the pull you outta the car, shove yer face in the gravel, and cuff you, search you, and then ask why you licence plate light is out. Don't run out of gas on I-75 at midnight just on the north end of Flint Michigan. 3 shotguns pulled on me, had to walk backwards with my hands behind my head, and lean over my car. The kids 8 and 10 were wetting themselves.....here they call a towtruck, give you 2 gallons of gas, and the cop might go for coffees and doughnuts while you wait.

John,

I have to respectfully call BS on the two statements above. I have no idea where you run into all of this crap in the US and if indeed if it did happened "just as you stated" it had to be a VERY RARE incident. I and hundreds of others I know have traveled our wonderful country from coast to coast many times and over an equally as long time span and have never had an experience like the one you stated above.

Man if I held that kind of distain for either the place and/or people (who cuss you out when you say good morning) I plan on visiting or what I have to do to go there (i.e. the very often told crossing the bridge story), I'd surely spend my vacation time and money elsewhere. Heck if I were you I would never want to come back.

PS: Just got in from running a few errands this morning and no less than 12 people (all ages I might add) smiled and told or answered my good morning greetings. Not one said to me, "who you staring at ****!!$%#%#".

Just saying,