Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
I suggested User Tracks in my reply to Lazarus...second reply to this tread.
No, a musician does not have to know or have BIAB to do User Tracks. They are not complicated to make, once you do one. I have compiled one (with pipeline's help). recorded by a gentleman from Fiverr. He never heard of BIAB. Came out from first try. It was just a short, simple thing that I needed. So instead of making him play something particular, I decided to do a User Track, so I can change things if I needed. You can try it:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=609080#Post609080

I tried it. Very interesting. And perhaps useful if you needed that for a project.

Quote:
Personally I think User Tracks have Huge potential. Why? Because if you find the right boys or girls, it can happen within days and be specific to your particular needs. And consider this... unlike traditional genres, Cont.Pop relies heavily on synths. If musician can do it once, they can change things relatively fast, unlike acoustic or electric instruments.

I am also intrigued by UserTracks and hoped they would take off big time. I believe they have not though. Why is that? Did the fiverr guy you used express any interest in becoming a UserTrack entrepreneur and creating libraries of these for sale? Is anyone creating UserTracks today? Is this feature fully implemented and relatively bug-free? I honestly do not know the answers to these questions.

Quote:
Also, there are great thousands of contemporary genre midi things, paid and free that can sound as good as your synth is, which can be incorporated in BIAB arrangement.

If you are suggesting UserTracks could be created using other virtual instruments I have always viewed that as piracy. For example, NI sells tons of synths and other virtual instrument libraries for me to use royalty free in my songs. If I take one of their libraries and convert it into a UserTrack for my own use that is probably not a problem. But if I take one of their libraries and convert it into a UserTrack to sell to others for use in their songs, I believe I have simply repackaged their intellectual property and resold it. But maybe that was not even what you were suggesting. smile