John

You are correct. The above link appears to be just a REVIEW site, but even at that, I am not sure they are actually reviewing the Music Maker program.

Music Maker is a MAGIX software product. I have MAGIX Music Maker 15, but its latest incarnation is MAGIX Music Maker MX. It is a fully functional audio/MIDI DAW, but its primary function is as an audio snippet remix program very similar to Sony Acid Studio. I enjoy tinkering with it, but have never used it seriously, even though it is capable of some fairly sophisticated projects.

The Cakewalk product is Music Creator, and as stated above, is currently at Version 6. Music Creator is a standard audio/MIDI DAW. Its primary advantage is that it is just a scaled down version of Sonar at a very reasonable price. Music Creator and Sonar share many files, functions, and capabilities. I bounce back and forth between Music Creator and Power Tracks Pro, because each has some advantages that the other does not.

I offer this here strictly to straighten out the confusion from above, but will say no more. If I were Peter, I don't think I would appreciate seeing a discussion of competitors' products here. Sorry, Peter !

Regards,

Ted

Last edited by tnicoson; 04/06/12 09:45 PM.