I can relate to the recording notes from Bob above. Bass, vocals, etc IMO should be mono tracks, unless you intentionally record them with effects that require stereo. However, even that stereo signal can be defined by not having it 100% L and R. I often like to have even the stereo tracks split into two mono tracks. It opens up a lot of what you can do with placement in a mix. Want more of the upper piano and less bass so there is less 'mud' in a mix? How about turning up the right channel and cutting the left a bit, and then still being able to put the piano (both upper and lower range) in a well defined spot in the stereo field by being able to point both channels to a narrower area so it sounds more like you are out front hearing a live band as opposed to sitting in the driver seat of the piano (or drums for that matter).

Just one of many examples of when a even a stereo recording can be better handled as two mono tracks..
I know there are other ways tp accomplish what I said, like editing only the left side of a stereo track. RB has quite a few hidden nuggets like that.. but having two mono tracks sure can make a difference to my ears.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome