Quote:

Russell --> Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you've been running BiaB since version 8.0 and you previously ran it on Windows 95. That suggests that you were running in 32-bit mode at that time since Win-95 isn't a 64-bit operating system. You're saying that today you run it successfully on Win7 64-bit with no problems. I'm assuming that this was / is running on the same machine?

No, I'm saying that BIAB has always been able to run in a different folder. There has never been a requirement to run it in the C:\Program Files folder, and I've been running BIAB from BIAB 8.0 on Win95 since 1999 through every version since (and through Windows 98) all the way through BIAB 2010 today on a triple boot system running XP Pro (32-bit), Vista Ultimate (32-bit), and Windows 7 (64 bit) on several different computers along the way. And it's always been run from the same folder (C:\Apps\PGMusic\BIAB). I only mentioned it, because Jacques thought the problem might be that it wasn't installed to C:\Program Files(x86).

But that's not the point. The point was that I was just trying to think of things to try that might be wrong. Obviously you (and a few others) are getting that error when many others aren't. I've been there. I had an error once that no one else had. In the end, it was a bug in the program that seemed to happen on my particular configuration. A patch update fixed the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com