Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
If you order a motherboard, two sticks of RAM, a CPU, a GPU, and one SSD and they make that work, then adding anything else is a snap.

You are absolutely right Matt, but I couldn’t even get them to sell me the GPU that I wanted. They were only willing to give me a step-down from the one I wanted to order. By the time I got finished arguing over purchasing limits and being told that the GPU that I wanted was overkill and the ONE that they had was more than what I needed, it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I decided to go somewhere where they thought the customer is right. They didn’t even bother to find out that I do video rendering and needed exactly what I was asking for.

I just went to New Egg’s website to link to the things that they limited my purchases on and this evening, not a single one of those things is limited. Go figure.

Ah, I at least found a mention of the overall policy, although this isn’t exactly what I was told over the phone: New Egg Customer limits

Last edited by KeithS; 07/16/21 08:11 PM.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti