Personal Note:
I had step away for a couple of days and my wife is going to remain out of town and won't be available to help me with my computer tech stuff until the middle of next week--regarding my following through on the suggestions that Matt and Simon made a couple of days ago--but they will get done!

In the mean time, I see I've missed several posts, but now, I'm "back on the ranch" alone.

Thanks VT

From time to time, I've come to these forums only to lurk and learn and in that process, I've watched you and others in this community browse these boards with a fine-tooth comb to try and help many of the people who've started posts stating they need assistance!

Some of the request are for what some may think of as being basic while others are for things that are more complex. My experience has been that the help extended is always courteous, kind, and professional. I just love it!

Although I joined this Forum in 2002, I've been a happy user and supporter of PG Music since the days they were in Buffalo, NY. I still have my original 3-1/2 inch floppy disks of some of the company's very first iterations of the programs they offered, like BIAB of course, and The Ragtime Pianist, which featured 5 of my dad's Ragtime compositions.

I'm sure that there are people in the Forum Family today who's PG Music relationship goes back just as far as mine and maybe even further as in the case of beta testers etc..

I only mention this to say that, over the years, many of us here have watched the company grow itself from a mustard seed into the world-class music software giant it has become today. The flagship programs that we, and many people around the world, have come to love, are very important parts of our lives.

It should be obvious and understood without saying that the difference in the level of programming complexity between yesteryear's BIAB and today's BIAB is vast! However, I wanted to say that quiet part out loud to emphasize the point that when I come here or go directly to the Support Team, to seek help with an issue that has come up, I am not in any way meaning to "knock", "bash", insult, or "abuse" any of the tech or staff people who work PG Music.

On one hand, I know that depending on the issue involved, sometimes an answer/solution may come back quickly or even instantaneously while other time it's going to take longer because of the vast programming complexity these programs now have.

On the other hand, I know that due to the wide variety of people on the planet, there are days when tech and staff feel like they have a thankless job.

So that's why I want to be sure that the PG tech and staff know that I, and most all of the people in the PG Music world's "silent majority", do appreciate them and offer them tons of thanks and loads of love for everything they do to keep this amazing software program on the "cutting edge" and moving forward.

Now, as I said, I've recognized for years that the levels of complexity in the programming of BIAB have been exponentially increasing year after year. Therefore, I was not surprised that when BIAB 2021 was first released, my experience with it was "bumpy"! It was so "bumpy" that I uninstalled it and happily went back to 2020 for at least 6 months.

However, with what I learned from monitoring this forum during those 6 months, I eventually determined it was time for me to try 2021 again...and now, I've come to love working with 2021! I've been using it for several months and I was happily using Build 844 for weeks without any problems and then I installed 845! (smile!! LOL)

In the days that I've been trying to work my way through the issue of eliminating, suppressing, disabling or fixing the problem of this nuisance pop-up window, I eventually discovered that it doesn't happen on every song. I don't have a clue as to why it happens on certain songs and not others, and on the affected songs, the pop-up still happens every single time I press the Generate button.

Again, this "Problem finding data chunk" window doesn't actually prevent any new generations of the affected song but the fact that it comes up at all, coupled with the fact that it completely freezes and stops the program while its takes anywhere from 15 to 60 seconds to appear before I'm even allowed hit its "OK" button, makes me categorize it as a big "nuisance/pita" window. (Smile!)

Uh-oh! I think I'm going in circles again so I'll move on to answer the posts I missed while I had to step away for a couple of days so I'm looking forward to getting into those posts as I move down my catch-up list.

Thanks again Video Track for your concern and comments. You, Matt, Music Student, Pipeline, Jim Fogle, and many others in the PG Music family/community, like Simon and Peter Gannon, have chipped-in on several of my previous threads with tips, workarounds, and/or solutions that changed the status those threads from "Active" to "Resolved".

If there is a solution that'll fix whatever has happened to make this "nuisance window" keep appearing on certain songs, right after I installed 845, the answer's going to come from someone right here in the Form Family or the PG Music Tech/Support Team.

I'll keep the updating my situation to keep all concerned fam members apprised.

Much love to all!

Thanks

Art

None of us knows what all of us knows.