Matt,

Thanks for those words and sharing your thoughts.

My wife has made occasional comments about how patient she's found me to be during our 44 years together. Each time she does it I thank her for those words too and I also remind her that I have absolutely no patience with liars, cheaters, rude people, and b.s. (Smile!)

The other thing is that, sometime, my patience works against me. Case in point being this very BIAB pop-up window issue I'm dealing with right now!

When it first happened, I stayed focused on that first song only for at least two days patiently trying to resolve the issue in a number of ways like:

closing and restarting the program a couple of times
warm rebooting the computer
cold rebooting the computer
running CC cleaner
giving up on it that night and getting up the next morning (wee hours)
continuing to work with the same song
deleting the song altogether and making a new one from scratch with the same title
deleting that one and making same song again from scratch with a different title
none of it worked so I'd run out of options

So I put it away and did something else in the house for while. I got on the treadmill, ate, vacuumed... then I took a nap.

I got up again, and for some reason I started working on a different song and I noticed there was no pop-up. I worked on another different song and again, there was no pop-up.
After working on several more songs with no interference from the pop-up window, I noticed that an hour or so had passed and I thought the problem had just resolved itself somehow and simply disappeared. I was good with that!

So I went back to the song where the pop-up first appeared and BOOM... the pop-up was back and it was my patience that kept me there on that one particular song again for another half-hour or so before I decided to contacted PG Music directly. I first reached them through Live Chat and then I emailed the Support Department directly.

I knew, from monitoring the Forum boards, that sending a detailed description of the problem along with the "FlashMessageLog.txt" file would give them some evidence-based insights on how 845 was interacting with my machine and help them in determining a place to start looking and planning a course of action to chase down the solution.

So in the email I sent them I was sure to mention the hour or so of problem-free time I had experienced before the problem "came back". In their initial auto-form response, they acknowledged receiving my email and said that it generally would take 0 to 2 business days for them to get back to me.

No problem, I know they're always very busy and this is the time of year that the release of "next year's" version is creeping up on them--I'm surprised that the help request turn-around is only 0 to 2 business days--I imagine that help requests come in from all around the world.

Anyway, that's when I decided to turn to the Forum Family for help. I've gotten some great feedback, tips, and general info that confirms that this problem is much smaller and narrow that I originally thought! It's definitely NOT happening on EVERY song. It happens on a very few songs only and that's a very encouraging piece of information to me!

Right now I'm working my down my catch-up list of responding to the posts I missed while I had to step away for a couple of days so that's all for right now.

More later,

Thanks.

Art

None of us knows what all of us knows.