My thoughts on PG Music's 2022 BIAB upgrade options.

Based on the 2022 BIAB Options/Features chart as published in the web site, and if I'm correctly interpreting it, I believe the following would be correct?

For an existing 2021 BIAB user, who has all the UltraPAK options:

1)the 2022 PlusPak at $99 would be the best deal unless you also want the 2022 Bonus PAK which would be an extra $49.

2)However, if you do want the 2022 Bonus PAK, then the 2022 UltraPAK upgrade ($149) also includes the 2022 Bonus PAK; allows the use of the 4-pay option for the full $149; AND provides the full up-to-date UltraPAK data files as a backup to one's installation (or to do a fresh installation should some files be missing/corrupted). I also believe that PG Music allows licensed UltraPAK users to be able to re-download their purchased products should it ever be needed. In summary, the better deal.

3)If you do the full UltraPAK upgrade, there is an option of getting the pkg on a thumb-drive USB stick for $15, or (as in past years) on a USB external disk drive of about 150Gb for $25, which would provide a reusable utility hard drive if you later erase the PG Music data for a mere $10.

I typically would keep the most current UltraPAK on the USB hard drive and erase/reuse past ones which are very handy to store source/installation zip files from various plugins, sounds, software off the main PC drives and safely keep them in a safe locations for disaster recovery purposes.

Cz...
BIAB,Bandlab Cakewalk,Kontakt, Cantabile, SampleTank4,IK BX-3, VB3, iZotope Suite, IK TRacks, Melodyne Studio
Kurzweil PC4SE, AXIOM-61key & IKiRigPro-32key boards, Roland SD-50 MIDI, Behringer 404HD, Maschine MK3,TC Helicon Voiceworks