Hi all. I am beginning to read the full online manual. This should be a cool adventure! I have also tried as best I can to search first.

So I am in the MIDI/Audio setup section and I realize there are some terms and concepts I don't quite understand yet.

I see that the MIDI output is set for VirtualMIDIsynth #1 rather than MS GS Wavetable synth.

Is this a MIDI driver that was installed with BIAB? Is it better than The MS driver which I am intuiting comes with the MS OS? Does the MIDI driver actually make the sounds or is it just a piece of software that lets musical items communicate?

Then there seems to be a section called VST/Dxi synth and it appears that I have Coyote WT installed. Is this something that came with BIAB or did I already, unknown to me, have this on my computer? How is this different from a driver? If it is a software synthesizer, is this being used to create the sounds coming out of BIAB? Are there other alternative pieces of software with different qualities that could be used instead?

I will stop here. My searching was still over my head because I am just now learning what all the basics are. I so appreciate your orienting me. This is such an amazingly interesting journey and so far building practice tracks for my self has been absolutely fantastic.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
midi setup.jpg (73.77 KB, 145 downloads)
Last edited by BackingTrack; 12/19/21 11:15 AM.

BIAB 2022 UltraPak, WIN10, Scarlett 2i2, Guitar Rig 6, Fishman LoudBox Artist, Martin D35, Taylor 812c, Cordoba 55FCE, Fender Strat, Epiphone LP, Ibanez GB10se