Can anyone recommend a medium-end studio monitor?

I’m slowly building a small home studio and want to replace the cheap desktop computer speakers that have served me well since the 90’s with 2 powered monitors. Space is at a premium and I don’t need a separate sub-woofer unit. The office/studio is 12’ x 12’.

I have 3 basic needs for these monitors.
1. To listen to/produce BiaB arrangements and internet music; mainly SoundCloud and YouTube
2. Play my bass to MP3 files for learning songs and recording
3. To connect to a Korg keyboard via ¼” TRS output

I lump 1&2 together which are computer based separate from 3 which is instrument based.

In order to switch between listening/recording vs playing the keyboard I think I could use my existing multi-output audio/video/game switch box. But I’d need TRS to RCA(Red/white) adapters to connect the monitors to the switch, which hopefully won’t be a problem.

I should be able to achieve a massive step up from what I currently have for under $400 per monitor ($800 total). Focal has a unit North of $2000 . . . no thank you. And as far as I know I see no value in them being Bluetooth enabled. But a nice-to-have would be a sleep mode or complete shut off after say, 1 hour of non-use.

After 10 minutes of research I came across the JBL 305P as a possibility but wanted to hear from anybody with studio monitor experience. Probably there are factors I haven’t considered. Many thanks.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 7.jpg (26.67 KB, 193 downloads)

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.