Originally Posted By: sixchannel
"Technical language is important because it conveys precise meanings and ensures that everyone is talking about the same thing."
These days it gets in the way of BB Creativity whatever that is, IMO. I've lost count of the 'Projects' I've lost heart with as I couldn't understand the BB Tech that went with what I was trying to do.

You're making my point for me.

Do you realize how self-contradictory your statement is?

Not understanding the language is what's getting in the way. If you learned the tech aspect, you wouldn't struggle as much and you'd be able to accomplish what you wanted - because you would understand the manual.

Can't you see that?

I always thought BB was about making Music - an easy way of creating MUSIC - not an extension of Computer Science.

It is about making music.

I infer from your comment that you play guitar, correct? Did you spend a great deal of time and effort in learning how to play?

I don't read music, but then again many great Guitarists do not, and it doesnt get in the way of them picking up a guitar and playing.
Bests
Ian

But I bet if you ask them to play an Am chord, they'd know what you're talking about.

See? Technical language at work.

Jimi Hendrix expressed regret over not knowing how to read music.

Being able to read music and understand at least the rudiments of theory opens up a world that is closed off to you otherwise.

I want you to know I'm not trying to be argumentative here. I'm trying to point out how learning the technical aspects of this stuff opens things up to you and actually frees your creativity.

I'm not any kind of "computer genius" (whatever that is) either. I just learned all this stuff because not knowing it was standing in the way of what I wanted to do. I didn't learn it overnight either; it has taken me years and I am still learning.

But because I had my "why," I found my "how."

Byron Dickens

BIAB. CbB. Mixbus 32C 8 HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.

https://soundcloud.com/athanorsoundlabs