I have been downloading MIDI music files from the the internet that others have created to a flash drive. I then use that flash drive within BIAB (open MIDI) to play along (with my guitar) on my YAMAHA keyboard. I also do some home-recording and this MIDI file then drives the process (I have a KORG digital recorder and a Quintet voice harmonizer). I am finding that the MIDI files from the flash drive apparently contain a lot of MIDI instructions that I may not want...ie: (1) instruments that apparently my Yamaha keyboard does not have which cause very strange inappropriate sounds (2) MIDI instructions that tell the Quintet voice synthesizer to do things that I don't want it to do. My question, I guess, is there a good MIDI editor within BIAB to remove certain MIDI instructions that I don't want? I have noticed that all MIDI data opened from a file apparently is received by BIAB as MELODY (even tho the actual MIDI instructions have the channel that they're intended for). I have tried saving the MIDI file as a new BIAB song with a BIAB style with "iffy" results. Has anyone else tried to do this sort of thing? I do like to use these external MIDI songs because many of the songs are done much better than I could ever do them and there's a ton of things other people have done out on the internet. I'll keep plugging away at this, but if anyone has ideas that could get me going in the right direction, it would be appreciated. Hopefully I've stated my problem somewhat accurately. Thanks.