Hi Robh,
I'm fairly new to SampleTank, but I've been using it for a few months now. And the more I use it, the more I'm liking it. lol It's not a resource hog, seems to be very stable when configured correctly, and sounds great. Yesterday, I decided to pick up Omnisynth 2 for it, as part of the esounds deal. I've been playing around with it this morning, and I've discovered a couple of things that help when using it in BIAB. In fact, they help enough that I'll probably go ahead and sell my SD-2 module. Since I don't play out anymore, I've been thinking about doing that for a while now.

Anyways, here's the tips. (I'm assuming you have everything configured correctly except the drums keep changing, in BIAB). Hit ctrl and e, -> brings up preferences window. Click on 'midi options' button. Untic 'Drum Patch Changes' . You might check some of your other options while you are there. For example, I have 'midi thru' unticked as I don't use that. When you have all as you want it, close your windows.

This next step isn't necessary, but is a time saver once done. Locate your 'Omni GMBnk2 DRY.stmp' and 'OmniSynth GMBnk1.stmp' files in your 'GM Progr Chng Bnk' folder. Copy both those files and paste them into your BB main folder. (search may locate them faster than you if you don't already know where they are )

(This next step will need to be done every time you start BIAB)

Now, click on the dxi synth button in BIAB. in ST click on 'program ch' button. Click 'open map'. If the dialog button opens in one of the bb folders just hit up until you are in the BB folder, To start, let's choose 'Omni GMBnk2 DRY.stmp', and get it loaded. Now load 'SRGM KIT O1 DRY' in channel 10 of ST. And thats it. You should be good to go.

Just a few things to remember: 1: You'll need to load that .stmp ever time you fire up biab. 2: Change all instruments except drums from the normal place in biab. 3: Change all drum kits via 'dxi synth' button (you can hit that even if biab is playing), and always use GM mapped kits.

Hope this helps,

Later,
Jim

I'd be completely happy if I had just one more guitar.