I think another reason you see people using a DAW other than RB with BB is the work flow they have gotten used to doing. Most of the people here are old school BB users. RB is really new compared to the roots that BB has. Most people "had" to use a different DAW in the past.

Of course, many prefer to keep using another DAW. Different strokes for different folks. My needs are modest, but I am accustomed to using Cubase. Now that I have RB I am moving in that direction. But for someone who does heavy duty work, day in and day out, RB might be lacking, or the investment in time at this point is something they are not ready to do. If RB is lacking, I don't know, I am not a power user in any way. So I have not run into any limitation.

For a new user, I would suggest sticking with RB as your DAW to work with BB, or completely without BB. If for some reason RB runs out of legs for you, at that point you are probably an advanced user and learning something else would probably be a snap, if you have the time.

Donnie