Quote:

Hello Russell,

I might be misunderstanding, but couldn't you use Melody menu | Edit Melody Track | Transpose Melody only... ?

Yes! This does work and this is precisely what I've been searching for!

Previous to this post, I have read the manual 2+ times, I have watched every video that is available (some twice), I have communicated with no less than four different support technicians over this issue, and finally, I've posted the question here in this forum at least three times that I can remember and received several answers that always did just exactly what I did not want it to do -- I did not want to change the key of the entire song! Thankful I've got my answer? You bet ... ecstatic! But, it has taken me since February to get it.

Since I first asked for help on this I was repeatedly getting suggestions (in the forum and from support@) that I use the Edit + Transpose feature. And, as stated in several of my posts, using this will change the entire song and change the key of that song -- this is NOT what I wanted. As you can see in my original post, even technical support did not think there was a feature available to do this. As stated many times, I simply wanted to transpose a selected range of bars an octave up or down. Yes, I know this ... there is a menu selection which allows you to transpose the entire song's melody and/or soloist up or down an octave, but all along, I've been saying, "I want to transpose A SELECTED RANGE OF BARS (not the entire song), up or down one octave and WITHOUT CHANGING THE SONG KEY (do not want to do this if the key is going to be changed)."

I'm thankful that I finally ran into you and got my answer. I just wish it had come a few months sooner. Thank you ... your advice was spot on and this is exactly what I wanted to do! One complaint however ... I've found that if I'm in Editable Notation Mode and I highlight a bar or two or four or if I'm at the Chord window and I highlight a series of bars, and then I invoke your suggested method (Soloist + Edit Solo Track + Transpose Soloist Part), that the dialog box fields do not default to your highlighted selection (as many other dialog windows in BIAB do). Perhaps this was an oversight?

Anyway, again thanks to all! I'm just happy I got my answer.

Ike