Problem solved! You cannot mix midi-over-USB and MIDI 5 pin DIN's on the same unit...simply as that. Duh!

Here's how it all worked out for those interested:

Using a MOTU Microlite MIDI interface, I am running my DX7 keyboard into Port 1, the Motif rack in and out to Port 2 and the VL3x in and out to Port 4. I split the DIN out of Port 4 to drive another Helicon Perform VK that another member is using. Then run the VL3 Editor in MIDI mode with the USB cable disconnected.

Running melody, guitar and drum tracks from the DAW to the Motif and out to the audio interface and speakers, running a harmony track from the DAW to the VL3x and Perform VK with mics and harmonies that we sing. One Helicon unit goes back to the audio interface, the other out to a members mixing board....works great. On The Editor, have full functions…a little slower to load via MIDI versus USB/MIDI, but once the presets are loaded, changes and modifications are quick and easy.

Jeff

Last edited by MountainSide; 01/25/23 03:50 AM.

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3